Sunday 27 July 2014

BEST MAKE-UP BRUSH CLEANSER?


During the past few months I have watched endless YouTube videos about how people clean their make-up brushes- yes this is an important issue in the world of beauty!

At first I tried the olive oil method which I did not get along with as the brushes felt oily for a long time and as someone with oily combination skin the last thing I want is more oil going anywhere near my face! Erghh!

 I then bought a brush cleanser from Clinique which I didn't mind using but found it a bit of a faff spritzing all the brushes with it.

Then I discovered the "BlenderCleanser Solid" which according to it's makers BeautyBlender is  

"the ultimate make up sponge and brush cleanser"


Big claims there but I must say that after a few uses I 100% agree with this! 

It's AMAZING!


Things I love about BlenderCleanser Solid:


Compact- it comes in a plastic container which is super easy to store and practical to pop in your make up bag when travelling.  

A little goes a long way- wet your brush under lukewarm water and gently stroke into the soap. Work into a lather using the grill that is included (this helps take all the gunk out and means you use less product!) Then rinse under water and dry off excess using kitchen towel. 

Super soft bristles- this leaves your brushes feeling really soft and most importantly super clean!

Easy to clean- just rinse the soap under some water to get rid of all the make-up that's left on it and pop back onto the dish and close until you need it again.


Is it really that good?


Well the proof is in the pudding so lets see how this cleanser works on the darkest eyeshadow that I have which is in the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay (a cult beauty must-have!).

Topshop eye brush with a load of "Blackheart" eye shadow on it.

 

 BlenderCleanser in Action

Step 1: Rinse   Step 2: Swirl on soap   Step 3: More swirling on grill   Step 4: Rinse again & Tah dahhh sparkling clean brush!

 

Self-Cleaning

Rinse soap bar under cold water & watch all the yuckyness wash away!

 

 Before & After

Top: Dirty Brushes      Bottom: Lovely clean brushes!


 As you can see this stuff seems to work miracles even on the dirtiest of brushes and I have been using it everyday on my foundation brushes and once a week on all my other face and eye brushes.
 
I originally picked this up at Beautybay.com but I have since found it on Amazon for a few pounds cheaper.
If you prefer a liquid cleanser this brand also does one but this solid version is much more convenient and I don't think I'll be going back to a liquid brush cleanser anytime soon! 


Thanks for reading! 
Mwah!

x Joana x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing.. I've got to get my hands on it!

    AMuslimahsLittleBlog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm amazed at how well it works! So quick and easy! <3 x

      Delete