Sunday 20 July 2014

BOBBI BROWN SURF & SAND COLLECTION

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/cms/collection/surf_sand_collection.tmpl?cm_re=Gnav-_-WhatsNew-_-SurfSand
During this scorcher of a week I have been reaching for Bobbi Brown's Surf & Sand collection to inject a little bit of summer into my make up look. 

I first read about this new collection a few months ago in someone's Instagram post and it instantly got me excited!

After googling for a release date I was literally checking Bobbi Brown's website everyday until one evening it was there in all it's beauty for me to purchase! Woohoo!

I died a little bit inside when I realised that the eyeshadow palette I had lusted over for weeks had sold out - sounds dramatic I know, but hey, I love make-up! The next day after frantically searching online for it I managed to order it at House of Fraser. Panic averted!

SURF EYE PALETTE & LONG-WEAR CREAM SHADOW STICK

Surf Eye Palette & Long-Wear Shadow Stick

This was the eye palette that I had been lusting over! Two palettes were released, one called "Sand" which consists of gorgeous subtle metallic & nude shades and the one that I got called "Surf".

The "Surf" palette has a little bit more colour in it with a gorgeous shimmery blue and green along with some gold's mixed in. It's also worth mentioning the gorgeous packaging that the palette comes in. The outside is covered in a linen type fabric which has "sandy" qualities! It's a very nice touch!

Below you can see the colours in the palette & swatches on my dodgy-looking hand:

Top L-R: Bikini Bronze Metallic Eye Shadow, Surf Sparkle Eye Shadow, Sea Foam Sparkle Eye Shadow & Oyster Sparkle Eye Shadow

 Bottom L-R: Cream Eye Shadow, Pink Quartz Eye Shadow, Sunshine Metallic Eye Shadow & Sunny Gold Metallic Eye Shadow


The colours used the most so far are the Bikini Bronze which I sweep across the whole lid and Oyster which blends nicely into the crease.

I love a good eyeshadow crayon and I couldn't resist the 24 Karat colour in this collection. It's a beautiful sparkly gold colour which stays put all day long. A summer must have as it's waterproof making it perfect for lounging around the pool or frolicking in the sea!

Long-Wear Shadow Stick

BRIGHTENING BLUSH

Bobbi Brown blushers are never a disappointment and these two colours (pink & bronze) scream summer and suit a variety of skin tones.

Brightening Blush in Pink 2 & Brightening Blush in Bronze 1

They both have 3 separate colours (a medium & light blush colour with a highlighter) that you swirl together to create the perfect sweep of colour on the cheeks. I have been using the pink one a lot this past week and it just gives a really healthy glow to the complexion. The other colour has bronze undertones and I can see myself wearing that one on holiday once I have a bit of a tan.

SHEER LIP COLOUR

I'm not going to lie, I LOVE a sheer lipstick and these Bobbi Brown ones are fast becoming my faves! The formula is super moisturising with a hint of colour that isn't too over the top- perfect for work where I don't want to look over done.

I picked up the colours Pink Taffy and Sunlit Pink which both have gorgeous gold undertones that will shimmer in the sunshine.

Pink Taffy is a coral-pink & Sunlit Pink is a Bronze Pink

My favourite is the Pink Taffy and I'm nearly half way through it! It's so pretty! *Swoon*

Yummy Pink Taffy Sheer Lip Colour

This concludes my Surf and Sand haul and below is what it looks like slapped onto my face!
A subtle everyday look :) 


This is a collection worth investing in and I might have to go and pick up another lip colour from this range as they are so wearable!

I'm already excited about Bobbi Brown's next limited edition collection!

Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand

Thanks for reading! 

x Joana x


No comments:

Post a Comment