Sunday 25 January 2015

REAL TECHNIQUES BOLD METALS



As an avid collector of real techniques brushes (I have 19 of them) I was super excited when I read about the Bold Metals collection and instantly knew that a few of them would need to be mine!

After reading about each brush I decided on the following 3 to get me started: 



101 TRIANGLE FOUNDATION

This innovative brush has a flat side which applies foundation quickly over a large surface area and then it becomes angled on the other side. This angled edge allows you to get into all the smaller contours of the face like around the nose and under the eyes.

200 OVAL SHADOW

This is a large eyeshadow brush which can easily apply base colour over the lid in one motion. It's super soft, dense and picks up product really well. The tapered edges allows the brush to gently blend the eyeshadow for a seamless look.

201 POINTED CREASE 

This was the one that I was excited about as I love a good crease brush! This one is like no other that I own as it is large and densely packed. It easily picks up shadow and blends it into the crease beautifully. Paired with the 200 oval shadow brush this will create a beautiful smokey eye with minimal effort.


These brushes are currently exclusive to Boots stores in the UK and they will be released to all other retailers later this week. The bold metals collection is a bit pricier than the Real Techniques core brushes and I can see why. They feel more luxurious with the tapered metal handles and they look stunning on the dressing table!
No doubt there will be more brushes added to this collection as they have been really popular and keep selling out although I have found that Boots online have been quite good at re-stocking. 
 
Have you tried any of these brushes?
What type of brush would you like to see from Real Techniques in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment